Friday, August 17, 2012

Recap of the First Day

Flag Raising Ceremony and Prayers for the School Year


Fr. Jerry, Father Scott Wenschel, and Fr. John each prayed for the children. Principal Joe Mc Bride welcomed the Kindergarteners and new students. He also encouraged the 8th graders to be role models and leaders for the younger students at the school. Natalie Rynie, the music teacher lead the Star Spangled Banner.

Andrea seemed like she had a great first day. I had a great first day ONLY because it was only a half day. I could not wait for it to be over to see how she did. After school, Andrea jumped in the car and said "Mama if we learn our prayer and say all the words with our teacher, we get a prize!" A few minutes later, "Mommy, we have a music teacher. I bet you didn't know that we were going to have a music teacher. She had us say rules and other kids said things and they weren't rules. I said no running so I got the first rule." Leave it to Andrea to know the rules. She will always be the mom and teacher. I am glad that she was so excited to tell me about her first day at school.

No comments: