Friday, January 25, 2013

Charlie's Quotes of the Day

Thought I'd share some of Charlie's quotes of the day today. We were playing outside and I told Charlie he could just toss the bananan peel out in the woods of our back yard. He comes running back and yells, "Some bird is going to think that is a real treasure." Later, Charlie asks, "Why did God make us?" I tried to think of a simple explanation, and he says, "Maybe he wants to be friends with us." I thought what a great explanation of why God creates every child, every soul, every baby. I am going to try to keep this on my heart today as I pray for those at the March for Life.
Part of me wishes I could be marching for life this morning in D.C. and yet as each hour goes by with this little boy next me, I realize that I am supporting life right here in my home. Thank you to all those who did travel today to fight for those unborn children. "That is the dignity of America, the reason she exists, the condition of her survival, yes, the ultimate test of her greatness: to respect every human person, especially the weak and most defenseless ones, those as yet unborn." Pope John Paul II

No comments: