Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Annie's Special Present

With the move, Annie has been emotional and confused. She would say things like I want my old house and what happened to all my toys. She's more adjusted now and loving her new house with all of her "new" toys. I guess that's what you call them when they'been packed away for 4 months while we staged our old house and pursued the new one. Grandma and Papa got Annie a special gift that mommy and daddy told them might help her adjust. We put books like Cinderella and Snow White on the mp3 player so Annie could listen to them while she sleeps. Eventually, once we're a little more settled and don't have so many boxes in our dining room, we will read stories and record them so she can hear our voices reading the stories. My good friend Angela said her mom did this on cassette tapes when she was little and she can still hear her mom's inflections from her favorite books.

1 comment:

Angela said...

She looks so grown up!