Friday, January 21, 2011

Testimony of Prayer

Last Night John and I went to Wake for a man that his family knew. John and I are friends with some of his sons. He was a great man from the stories shared and the testimony of his sons, one of whom is a priest. His sons shared that he would always ask people at Walmart, the gas station, etc. if they knew Jesus. If they said yes, then he would say, "Praise the Lord, Hallelujah!" If he/she was unsure he would ask if he could pray with him/her. The son shared his memory of 7 people waiting in line behind them at the Circle K and his dad still prayed with the clerk. The sons shared how this had embarassed them, but now that their father had died they realized how right he was. We are all striving for Heaven and we should want to bring as many souls with us, even the clerk at the gas station. This man was a disciple and answered this call through simple acts of prayer. I left last night wanting to pray more, not only with strangers who may not know the Lord, but with my family and friends too. I shouldn't just say that I am going to pray for them but STOP what I am doing for a moment and pray with them.
I also realized last night how much the Lord has blessed my family abundantly since my dad's death. All of my siblings are in places with great jobs and friendships who have supported them since the loss of my dad until now 3 1/2 years later. Thank you Lord for taking care of my mom, for blessing her with the gift of fellowship and more importantly GRANDCHILDREN! It is amazing how the Lord gives and takes away and yet if we continue to love and praise Him he blesses us abundantly.

No comments: