Thursday, October 21, 2010

Charlie's Big Boy Bed


Charlie has started sleeping in his bed this past week. Last night John had music practice for an event at Aquinas high school so I put both the kids to bed by myself. What a task. I realized that I am so not intimidating! I went through the bed time routine and then walked back and forth upstairs to try to check on both the kids. Charlie thought it was funny to slide off the bed as I went to check on Annie. I tried to be firm and put him back in the bed. Finally I headed downstairs. I went up 10 minutes later to find Charlie in ANNIE's closet with his sister. I couldn't even hold a straight face as Annie's face was so elated that her brother was now taking some of the parenting wrath away from her. She says with a smirk, "Oh Charlie just likes being in my closet. He just likes it so much." A few minutes later John comes home, places Charlie in his bed and closes the door. He opens it one time to tell Charlie to get back in his bed and Charlie listened! I feel like such a wimp.

No comments: